Notification of Travel Grant results will be released in late February
SOTM 2019 Travel Support Grants
Applications are open for travel grants for early career researchers and practitioners to support attendance at the second international Species on the Move conference. Financial support is available up to the sum of AUD$1000 per applicant.
- Early career researchers (up to five years post-PhD)
- Indigenous knowledge holders or environmental practitioners in indigenous community associations or non-governmental organisations
- Acceptance of submitted abstract for oral talk or poster presentation
- Scientific/career achievement assessed against opportunity
- Motivation to attend the conference (alignment of research/work with conference theme and expected benefits from attendance)
- Level of anticipated expenses and demonstrated effort to find funding
- Preference given to applicants from developing countries or under-represented minorities
- Gender and geographical balance among selected applicants
Please complete the Travel Grant Application Form, ensuring you upload a short letter of support from your supervisor or employer to the form. If you have any queries about the Travel Grants please contact Raquel A. Garcia (email@example.com) and Curtis Champion (Curtis.firstname.lastname@example.org).
All applications must be received by January 20th 2019. All applicants will be informed of the decision by late February.